Did you ever come into prayer with so much heaviness, grief, or misery that you just couldn’t put it into words? You might just need Fran Pratt.
She’s my guest on this episode. She’s known online at The Litanist. That is, she writes litanies. They’re beautiful articulations of emotion and truth, giving individuals and communities words to pray about hard stuff. They offer words when there are no words.
She wrote a book in 2019 compiling her litanies. You can read my review of her book here. She serves as the Pastor of Worship and Liturgy at Peace of Christ Church in Round Rock, Texas, where she lives with her spouse and two kids. We talk about pastoring, mothering, writing, and some deep down theology – get ready for the sacred feminine and penal substitutionary atonement, folks.
Episode 18: Episode 18: A Radical, Eucharistic Life with Jamie L. Manson – On a Mission
- Episode 18: Episode 18: A Radical, Eucharistic Life with Jamie L. Manson
- Episode 17: A Queer Catholic Experience with Zinzy Nev Geene
- Episode 16: Holy Boldness with Lydia Tinajero Deck
- Episode 15: Doing the Work Your Soul Must Have with Casey Stanton
- On a Mission, Episode 14: Gun Violence Activism with Anna Mahony
Resources from this episode:
Christian Music that Doesn’t Suck!
Find more about Fran here: http://www.franpratt.com
Fran mentions this book when considering the future of Christianity in the U.S.: The Great Emergence